Japanese FX, CFD and stock brokerage Rakuten Securities, a subsidiary of Internet services provider Rakuten Inc (TYO:4755), has informed its customers about changes to its lineup of trading instruments.
Effective Friday, December 3, 2021, the broker will stop accepting new buy orders for the stocks of 10 US-listed companies. Rakuten did not elaborate on rationale for the move. The broker just said the changes were “due to various reasons”.
As a result, all buy orders for the 10 target stocks will expire by the morning of December 3, 2021.
Customers with positions in these shares can continue to place sell orders after that date.
Below is a list of the target shares:
- Ares Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:ARCC)
- Barings BDC Inc (NYSE:BBDC)
- TCG BDC Inc (NASDAQ:CGBD)
- Hercules Capital Inc (NYSE:HTGC)
- Main Street Capital Corporation (NYSE:MAIN)
- NEWTEK Business Services Corp (NASDAQ:NEWT)
- New Mountain Finance Corp (NASDAQ:NFMC)
- Owl Rock Capital Corp (NYSE:ORCC)
- Prospect Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:PSEC)
- NeXt Innovation Corp common stock (NASDAQ:SSSS)
Rakuten Securities has been expanding its offering of trading instruments quite often. In October, for instance, the broker added the stocks of 200 companies listed on US and Hong Kong exchanges to its offering.
The newly added US stocks include Tyra Biosciences (TYRA), a biotechnology company targeting new pathways of acquired resistance in oncology with purpose-built drugs. The list of Hong Kong stocks includes Tam Jai International (02217), which operates Asian noodle specialty stores and fast casual restaurants, and Broncus Holding (02216), which is based in China and mainly conducts research and development, manufacturing and commercialization of medical devices.