Fino Markets and Aga Trading websites blocked in Italy
Italy’s Companies and Exchange Commission (CONSOB) today announces that it has ordered the blocking of access to six more websites that offer financial services without having the necessary license to do so.
The list of entities targeted by the latest set of orders includes:
- “FinoMarkets” (website www.finomarkets.com);
- Sealtd Ltd (website www.sealtd.io and related pages https://trading.sealtd.io and https://secure.sealtd.io);
- EurofxFinance Limited (website www.eurofxfinance.com and related page https://client.eurofxfinance.com);
- Seabreeze Partners Ltd (website www.profitassist.co);
- “Xglobalfin” (website www.xglobalfin.com);
- Aga Trading Platform LTD (website https://agatrading.club/ita)
The regulator explains that five of these websites are illegal financial intermediation and one website offers financial products in the absence of a prospectus.
In issuing the orders, the Authority availed itself of the powers deriving from the “Growth Decree” (Law no. 58 of 28 June 2019, Article no. 36, paragraph 2-terdecies), as well as of the power introduced by the Law no. 8 of 28 February 2020 (Article no. 4, paragraph 3-bis).
The number of websites blacked out since July 2019, when Consob got the power to order that the websites of fraudulent financial intermediaries be blacked out, has thus risen to 522. Last week, the regulator issued orders for the blocking of six websites, including those operated by InvestiFX, VestleFX and RT Global.
The black-out of these websites by Internet service providers operating on Italian territory is ongoing. For technical reasons, it can take several days for the blocking to be implemented.