New MT5 beta build comes equipped with AI-powered coding assistant
Fintech company MetaQuotes announces that the beta version of the updated MetaTrader 5 platform will be released on Friday, May 26, 2023.
In the new version, the developers have added support for Book or Cancel orders. Such orders can only be placed in the Depth of Market, but they cannot be filled immediately. They are used to implement passive exchange trading.
In the new MetaEditor version, MetaQuotes have implemented integration with Copilot, an AI-powered coding assistant. You can write a trading idea in a natural language, and Copilot will offer its MQL5 implementation.
Also, the new version provides significantly enhanced support for operations with ONNX machine learning models. These models can be opened directly in MetaEditor through the built-in viewer or through the specialized Netron viewer.
MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal build 3770
- Terminal: Added support for the new order filling policy — Passive / Book or Cancel (BOC).
New order filling policy — Passive / Book or Cancel
The BOC policy indicates that an order can only be placed in the Depth of Market (order book). If the order can be filled immediately when placed, this order is canceled. This policy guarantees that the price of the placed order will be worse than the current market price. BOC is used to implement passive trading: it is guaranteed that the order cannot be executed immediately when placed and thus it does not affect current liquidity. This filling policy is only supported for limit and stop limit orders in the Exchange Execution mode.
The availability of the new filling policy depends on the broker.
- Terminal: The platform switches to using Microsoft Edge WebView2 for displaying the HTML content.
Compared to the outdated MSHTML, the new component significantly expands content displaying capabilities by providing access to modern technologies. The use of WebView2 improves the appearance of some platform sections, increases performance, and creates a more responsive interface. In particular, the new component will affect the Market, Signals and VPS sections.
- Terminal: Improved Market security system. Now, in order to run the product, the user must be authorized in the platform with the same MQL5 account via which the product was purchased. The account must be specified under the Tools \ Options \ Community section.
- MetaEditor: Added integration with the advanced automatic coding assistant Copilot. Its operation is based on OpenAI models. Enter a comment or part of a function and send a prompt. The neural network will analyze the prompt and will offer coding options to implement the idea.
Depending on the file type, the string “MQL5 language”, “Python language” or “C++ language” is automatically inserted at each prompt beginning. Thus, the neural network will provide the result in the required language.
Copilot is currently free and is already enabled in the editor. There are several options available under Tools \ Options \ Copilot:
Use your MQL5 account: this option is currently available for free. Later, you will be able to pay for the subscription directly from your MQL5 account balance.
Use an OpenAI key, if you have purchased a subscription and have the relevant key.
Model — a neural network which will process your requests. text-davinci-003 and gpt-3.5-turbo are currently available. Support for gpt-4 will be added soon.
Maximum tokens — the number of text units which the model can return in response to a prompt.
Variability — affects how strictly the neural network will follow the prompt. The smaller the value, the greater the result randomness. This option corresponds to the temperature parameter in OpenAI models.
- MetaEditor: Added ability to view the properties of ONNX models.
You can view the contents of the *.onnx file directly in the editor. As an example, find the project ONNX.Price.Prediction under Toolbox \ Public Projects and select Join in the context menu. The project will be downloaded to your computer and will appear in the Navigator.
- MetaEditor: Added ability to visualize machine learning models and neural networks using Netron. This viewer supports popular models, including ONNX, TensorFlow Lite, Caffe, Keras and ncnn, among others.
To view a model, select its file in the Navigator and click “Open in Netron”. If this utility is not installed, its GitHub page will open, from which you can download the relevant installer, according to your operating system. For example, use Netron-Setup-X.X.X.exe for Windows. If the program is installed, the model will immediately open for viewing from the Navigator.
MetaTrader 5 Web Terminal build 3770
- Improved trading history section:
- Added display of balance operations in the trading history, such as deposits and withdrawals, commissions, and adjustments.
- Added display of totals in the trading history: balance, profit, commission, deposits, withdrawals and number of orders, among others.
- Added ability to sort operations and filter the history by depth in the mobile version.
Interface translations into Arabic, Bulgarian, Vietnamese, Greek, Indonesian, Malay, Dutch, Persian, Polish, Thai, Ukrainian and Hindi have been added. The web terminal is now available in 24 languages.