LMAX Digital, Gemini to be included in additional CME CF Cryptocurrency Indices
CME Group announces that on Tuesday, November 22, LMAX Digital market data will be included in the CME CF Reference Rates and Real-Time Indices for both Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Litecoin (LTC). Gemini market data will be included in the CME CF Reference Rates and Real-Time Indices for Solana (SOL).
The CME CF Reference Rates are used to settle CME cryptocurrency futures. CF Benchmarks, the leading cryptocurrency index provider, is the Administrator for the CME CF Cryptocurrency Indices.
Earlier in 2022, LMAX Digital market data was included in the CME CF Reference Rates and Real Time Indices for both Bitcoin and Ether.
CME CF Reference Rates:
- Aggregate the trade flow of major cryptocurrencies on spot exchanges during specific calculation windows into daily reference rates of the U.S. dollar price of select cryptocurrencies.
- Calculation rules built to maximize transparency and replicability in the underlying spot markets.
- Designed around best practices for financial benchmarks.
- Published at 4 p.m. London time (BRR and ETHUSD_RR) and 4 p.m. New York (BRRNY and ETHUSD_NY).
- BRR and ETHUSD_RR are used to settle the underlying CME futures contracts.