Italian regulator orders blocking of access to five new unauthorized investment websites
Italy’s Companies and Exchange Commission (CONSOB) has further expanded the list of blocked websites by ordering the black-out of five new websites that offer financial services illegally.
The websites targeted by the latest set of orders are:
- Bright Group LLC (website https://allfinagroup.pro and related page https://fingroup.click);
- “BrokerCreditServiceLtd.net” (website www.brokercreditserviceltd.net and related page https://account.brokercreditserviceltd.net);
- Unico Aust Pty Ltd (website www.unicofx.co and related page https://account.unicofx.co);
- CMS Ltd (website https://cmstrategy.io and related pages https://client.cmstrategy.io and https://webtrader.cmstrategy.io);
- Olympusbrokers Ltd (website www.olympusbrokers.io).
In issuing the orders, the Authority made use of the powers deriving from the “Decreto crescita” (“Growth Decree”; Law no. 58 of 28 June 2019, Article no. 36, paragraph 2-terdecies), on the basis of which Consob can order Internet service providers to block access from Italy to websites offering financial services without the proper authorization.
The number of websites blacked out since July 2019, when Consob got the power to order the blocking of access to the websites of fraudulent financial intermediaries, has thus risen to 825.
The black-out of these websites by Internet service providers operating on Italian territory is ongoing. For technical reasons, it can take several days for the blocking to be implemented.