TD Ameritrade unveils thinkorswim enhancements
TD Ameritrade continues to release enhancements to its thinkorswim trading product suite with a host of new features and services added in the second half of 2022 as TD Ameritrade’s integration with Schwab keeps moving forward.
Traders using thinkorswim now have a range of new features and tools available to them to make their trading experience more informed, streamlined, and up-to-date, whether they trade on mobile, desktop, or web.
In August 2020, after announcing its acquisition of TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab announced plans to adopt thinkorswim and integrate its trading platforms, education resources, and tools into its own trader offering. The thinkorswim platform will move to Schwab later in 2023.
“We are working diligently to ensure a successful transition for TD Ameritrade clients moving to Schwab, while at the same time delivering innovation that ensures the best possible trading experience on thinkorswim,” said Barry Metzger, Head of Trading and Education, Charles Schwab. “In addition to our focus on all of the necessary backend work to keep things running smoothly for clients throughout the integration, these latest enhancements to the thinkorswim product suite are a reflection of our commitment to deliver new functionality that traders want.”
New thinkorswim enhancements introduced in the second half of 2022 include:
- Easier search with predictive text in the Live News Search entry. Now, clients can click on the “tag” icon at the top right of the Live News gadget, start typing and watch the magic happen.
- New ways to visualize possible outcomes with our all-new Gann Fans drawing tool. This tool contains a set of lines that “fan out” from single start point, each based on a defined ratio formed via a numerator representing time units and a denominator representing price units; this ratio defines the slope (or the angle) of the line.
- Greater personalization, with the ability to customize your order ticket and the color on a watchlist symbol based on market movement.
- A more unified trading experience, with order defaults that can be set in the mobile Order Editor that will automatically sync to the thinkorswim Web and desktop platforms.
- A more intuitive trade ticket, now with order ticket customization and a new trade confirmation experience.
- Easier sharing or saving with the ability to copy and paste orders from the thinkorswim Web user interface.
- An easier way to gain long-term context with historic dividends displayed directly on charts.
- A simplified view of option spreads as a single grouping combined in one line item rather than individual legs.
- More information at clients’ fingertips via an enhanced library with 16 additional studies.
- The ability to filter through thousands of securities quickly based on a client’s own search criteria with a simplified version of the Scan feature previously only available on the thinkorswim desktop platform.
In addition to these thinkorswim updates, significant enhancements are coming soon to the digital trading experience on Schwab.com, making it easier for clients to research, place, and monitor trades.