Interactive Brokers updates Client Portal
Online trading major Interactive Brokers has enhanced its Client Portal.
You can now select Event Contracts from the type-ahead list of asset types when searching for an instrument. Previously Event Contracts could only be searched by the exact CONID.
A raft of bug fixes have been implemented:
- Overnight TIF selection now works.
- The Order Ticket for Cryptocurrencies now correctly shows Buying Power as the current balance in the client’s crypto segment.
- The Bid and Ask prices shown for the stock symbol within the Option Chain tool was not auto-refreshing.
- When in Wide Layout mode, the first time a chart was loaded it was getting stuck.
- Tax Lots in Fractions was not working correctly.
Now you can react to market-moving news when it’s convenient for you using the Overnight trading feature. Overnight Trading Hours are from 8:00 pm ET to 3:50 am ET, with the first session beginning on Sunday at 8:00 pm ET and the last session ending on Friday at 3:50 am ET and trades executed between 8:00 pm and 12:00 am will carry a trade date of the following trade day.
All clients with U.S. Stock trading permission will have access to US Overnight Trading. Note that this feature cannot be used in conjunction with Outside RTH or with the Price Management algo, and is currently only available for Limit orders.
To use this feature, in the Order Ticket select Overnight from the Time in Force list.
Interactive Brokers’ clients also have access to the same valuable short/securities lending data for US equities historically available only to banks, broker-dealers and institutional investors. The Orbisa Securities Lending Analytics Dashboard in Fundamentals Explorer gives you professional-level access to key metrics and data to see when borrowing demand is increasing or decreasing so you’re better able to gauge in which direction market sentiment is trending.
Orbisa data includes 189,000 unique securities over more than 50 global markets.