Interactive Brokers adds new features to File menu in TWS platform
Electronic trading major Interactive Brokers continues to enhance its TWS platform. In the latest release, the broker has updated the TWS File menu to include several new features.
Now traders can switch versions of TWS to Stable, Latest, or Beta – all without logging out and restarting. They can use the Change Version command on the File menu to see what’s new in beta or just to compare the differences between two versions.
Interactive Brokers has added a Logout and Restart command. Use Logout to exit and log back in without having to find TWS and double-click to launch. Use Restart for a refresh at any time, without need to log back in.
Restore settings now have a new Restore to Default Settings command. Use this if you want to revert TWS back to its original layout. When you use this feature, your current layout is saved and can be reinstated.
The preceding production version of the platform features enhancements for Time Zone Entry for BasketTrader File Import and TWS API.
In the last release the broker modified the time zone functionality so that all product-related actions in TWS, including orders and algos with start/end time, will now use the time zone of the instrument’s exchange instead of the user’s time zone.
Now users who import a BasketTrader .csv file and/or use the TWS API can send the date/time in several different formats:
- Using the Login time zone: This must be an exact match to the Time Zone declaration in the login box (the part following the (UTC-5:00) portion) with any spaces being replaced with an underscore. For example:
- Using the exchange time zone, for example AAPL 20220614 15:00:00 US/Eastern
- Using the UTC format, for example format 20220614-15:00:00
- No time zone: If no time zone is entered, the value will default to the Login time zone.
- The time zone value will be show in the exchange TZ fields.
Let’s note that the TWS platform offers new Crypto Plus trading permissions for enhanced cryptocurrency trading. Traders can enable their account for the Crypto Plus trading permissions and enjoy several advantages over the basic cryptocurrency trading permissions:
- 24/7 cryptocurrency trading access via Paxos web app.
- Four additional currencies to trade in addition to BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH, including Chainlink (LINK), Polygon (MATIC), Uniswap (UNI) and Aave (AAVE).
- Transfer and hold USD in a Paxos account.
- Support for non-marketable DAY and GTC buy limit orders.
Clients of Interactive Brokers who trade EU stocks can now choose to have their smart-routed stock orders execute only during regular trading hours or outside of regular hours using the Fill Outside RTH toggle. Previously this feature was available for US stocks only.
When Fill Outside RTH is disabled, SmartRouting will not continue routing after regular trading hours. This feature is available across most platforms including Desktop TWS, Client Portal and IBKR Mobile, and in all available versions of these platforms.