MATCHNow introduces new BIDS Restricted Symbol List Tool for Cboe BIDS Canada
Effective June 3, 2022, MATCHNow Subscribers that are providing Sponsored Access to Cboe BIDS Canada (Sponsoring Brokers) will be able to upload a restricted symbol list for their Sponsored Users via the new “BIDS Restricted Symbol List” tool in the Customer Web Portal and via Secure Web API.
A restricted symbol list is a list of symbols not allowed to trade by Sponsored Users of Sponsoring Brokers. Currently, Cboe BIDS Canada Sponsoring Brokers must send their restricted list to the MATCHNow Trade Desk.
Using the new “BIDS Restricted Symbol List” tool accessed under Cboe Exchange Tools, starting on the effective date, Cboe BIDS Canada Sponsoring Brokers will be able to upload to the Cboe Customer Web Portal a restricted symbol list for all their Sponsored Users. Once uploaded, Cboe BIDS Canada will immediately block and reject orders in symbols on the restricted list. Each time a new list is uploaded, the previous list will be overwritten.
To support this functionality, the Secure Web API will add the following commands to the Port Controls Service:
- viewClients – Use this command to retrieve your broker’s Cboe Firm ID and CUID.
- viewRestricted – Use this command to view the Restricted Symbol list for your firm. Brokers
- must specify their four-character Cboe Firm ID.
- uploadRestricted – Use this command to change the Restricted Symbol list for your firm.
- Brokers must specify their four-character Cboe Firm ID.
- removeRestricted – Use this command to remove the Restricted Symbol list for your firm.
Brokers must specify their four-character Cboe Firm ID.
The Customer Web Portal and Secure Web API changes are currently available to test in the MATCHNow certification environment.