Institutional FX trading begins 2022 strong, February volumes up 14%
Following a healthy start to the year in January, leading institutional FX trading venues continued to post strong trading volumes in February, spurred in part by wild volatility in financial markets during the second half of the month.
Each of the institutional ECNs surveyed – FXSpotStream, Cboe FX, EuronextFX and 360T – reported month-over-month double digit percent volume increases, ranging from FXSpotStream’s 19.2% increase – to an all-time record for the firm – to EuronextFX’s 11.9%. On average, trading volumes were up 14% MoM over January 2022.
Cboe FX (formerly HotspotFX)
- February 2022 average daily volumes were $42.01 billion, +14.9% from January’s $36.56 billion.
EuronextFX (formerly FastMatch)
- February 2022 ADV $25.01 billion, +11.9% above January’s ADV of $22.34 billion.
- February proved to be a record month for FXSpotStream, posting highs in terms of daily volume on February 24 (USD113.665billion) and monthly ADV (USD63.135billion)
- FXSpotStream’s ADV MoM (February ‘22 vs January’22) increased 19.15%
- FXSpotStream’s ADV YoY (February ‘22 vs February ‘21) increased 27.30%
- FXSpotStream’s Overall Volume YoY (February ‘22 vs February ‘21) increased 27.30% to USD1.263trillion
- FXSpotStream’s ADV YTD (Jan-Feb ’22) is USD57.937billion, an increase of 17.48% compared to the same period last year
- Average daily volumes (ADV) at 360T came in at $25.40 billion in February 2022, up 12.0% from January’s $22.69 billion.